Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Oct 9 14:30:31 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:59:21PM +0100, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Quick suggestion Neven. The file logger i'm working on is derived from
> GIT (Guarded Installation Tool), which creates a log of all files on the
> system before the install, and compares that with what is present after
> installation. I plan to do this initial log on entering <package>, and
> compare this to when exiting <package>. Has the added advantage of being
> able to spot deleted files (rare but hey), and distinguish between new
> and modified files. It will also get around the above problem.

But this has been implemented for a long time already. :)

It's right after the first 'o' -> 'f'. That command toggles between
one-find method, two-finds method and no logging.

BTW, there is a problem with that method too, if simple 'ls -l' output
is used for example.

If a package modifies some file in less then a minute and doesn't change
its size (which might look as a silly change, but still trojans come to
mind ;) the files will look the same.

Now it all depends on the output used. If seconds of file's ctime are
logged too, a sleep could be issued as with that other method.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org