Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Wed Oct 9 13:59:21 PDT 2002

On 2002.10.09 20:11 Neven Has wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:49:02PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > When the lfs-bootscripts package is installed, there is no files
> log.
> > /etc isn't ignored:
> >
> > The lfs-bootscripts-1.0.files.blah file is empty. Any idea why?
> Other
> > packages that put files in the /etc directory do log it properly.
>
> I can guess - if you used a single find, and the files are copied in
> less then a second, they won't be logged.
>
> The only solution I can think of at the moment is a machine exchange
> with me. :)

Quick suggestion Neven. The file logger i'm working on is derived from
GIT (Guarded Installation Tool), which creates a log of all files on the
system before the install, and compares that with what is present after
installation. I plan to do this initial log on entering <package>, and
compare this to when exiting <package>. Has the added advantage of being
able to spot deleted files (rare but hey), and distinguish between new
and modified files. It will also get around the above problem.

Just a suggestion

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org