Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 9 12:25:49 PDT 2002

On October 9, 2002 01:11 pm, Neven Has wrote:
> I can guess - if you used a single find, and the files are copied in
> less then a second, they won't be logged.

Okay let's try to add a "sleep 2" in the profile:

    <stage name="Installing a package.">

	<!--Sleep for 1 second, hopefully things get logged now-->

        <copy base="&build_dir;/&bootscripts-directory;">
	[ cut the rest ]

Now that worked.

Come to think of it, when manually logging installations without ALFS the
script I use has a "sleep 1" in it after which I start an installation to
prevent just this (so if I just would've thought for one second for myself
I'd have figured it out too).

I'd like this to become default behaviour, at least in the version of nALFS I
run here. Where would I insert a sleep 1 type routine in the nALFS source
code. Unless you plan to make it default too but I'm not getting my hopes up
;) I would however appreciate some help as I have no clue really how to go
about it (I just don't have the resources to play around with the nALFS
source code).

> The only solution I can think of at the moment is a machine exchange
> with me. :)

lol no thanks I quite like mine

--
Gerard Beekmans