Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Oct 9 12:25:30 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 01:03:39PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Some packages contain the /etc/ld.so.cache file logged, other packages
> (not LFS book related) may contain things like /etc/passwd,
> /etc/group, /usr/share/info/dir and other files that we really don't
> want to be included in installation log files. The safe way now is to
> go through every file and remove such lines (or the next step run a
> script that checks for lines that contain the files, then remove the
> lines from the log).
>
> Or...nALFS can be expanded to ignore a list of files as well. It would
> be nice if it can read the ignore list from a file, that saves from
> having to pass a pontentially very long --prune option to the program.

That's a good idea. That option can indeed be very annoying to use
(although one can always write a small script wrapper).

I have put this (and ignoring files) in TODO (which I'll have to start
bziping soon ;).

I'll send a patch for that pruned_directory_printing tomorrow. But the
above should be done soon as well, I do plan to release a new version
earlier.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org