Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 9 12:03:39 PDT 2002

On October 8, 2002 09:24 am, Gerard Beekmans wrote:

Let's try that again.

Okay, ignoring directories works fine (or seemlingly so, aside from that
lfs-bootscripts thing I mentioned before). Can we ignore files?

Some packages contain the /etc/ld.so.cache file logged, other packages (not
LFS book related) may contain things like /etc/passwd, /etc/group,
/usr/share/info/dir and other files that we really don't want to be included
in installation log files. The safe way now is to go through every file and
remove such lines (or the next step run a script that checks for lines that
contain the files, then remove the lines from the log).

Or...nALFS can be expanded to ignore a list of files as well. It would be nice
if it can read the ignore list from a file, that saves from having to pass a
pontentially very long --prune option to the program.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org