Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed Oct 9 10:06:56 PDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:03:33AM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> How is that change made?

Now it's done like this (recursive function):

o print a directory or a file
o check whether it's a directory or a file:
    o file - return (it's printed above, so we're done)
    o directory - check if it's in the prune list:
        o it is - return [*]
        o it's not - read it

[*] this return avoids printing the content of directory, but the
directory itself has already been printed at the beginning.

So the change would be to remove the printing from the beginning and
only do it below, if the entry is a file, or a directory which is not in
the prune list.

> I don't look forward to having to edit every *.files file and see if
> there are dirs mentioned that shouldn't be there (most people I know
> wouldn't care but I need to perform a certain action on every file in
> a .files file and those directories that are pruned mustn't be
> touched)

Yeah, I know what you mean. Doing "rm -fr `cat <file>`" for example,
could be a funny thing, if logging was done wrong. :)

So I'll take some extra care when fixing this, and will test it
extensively.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org