4.0 Profile for nALFS? (was Re: LFS-4.0 released)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 9 08:16:54 PDT 2002

On October 8, 2002 01:44 pm, Vassili Dzuba wrote:

Got another suggestion.

In entities/general

<!-- Root password. -->
<!ENTITY password "lfsdev">

It wasn't readily clear to me which root password you needed (from host system
or the new password to be). The same could be said for the other questions
regarding hostnames, network settings and so forth. Adding a small comment at
the beginning like <!--The following settings apply to the new LFS system to
be built, not the host system--> Or something to that effect.

Why did I think it needed the host system's root password? I wasn't sure how
nALFS worked. Maybe it changed users to 'lfs' and it needed the root password
to change back to root again. Little did I know that nALFS forks processes as
user 'lfs' rather the switch to user 'lfs' alltogether.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org