Question about nALFS' file logging functions

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Oct 8 13:29:45 PDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:04:09PM -0600, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> A second question; the log output format. It seems to be a "ls -l"
> kind of output. Now, for various reasons I prefer a file that has the
> file or directory on a line by itself without any other info. This way
> I can use such a list to check a different installation and see if all
> the files in a log are present on the system.

I used that output because it's "more superior" (you can generate
simple output you mention from it, but not the other way around).

But an option for choosing between different ones can always be added. I
have put this in TODO.

> Is there an easy way I can modify the output format to be like this?
> Or should I just write a script that converts the output to something
> I can use.

That ugly script in scripts/ (flog) was meant to generate different
outputs from log files. I could add an option for doing the above in it
too.

Neven

PS: BTW (so I don't reply ten times :) yes, find.c is a simple
    implementation of find(1) which does the searching and creates
    the output. It doesn't use "ls" (nor any other external command),
    but does all by itself.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org