Managing required packages in nALFS

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 6 12:03:06 PDT 2002

On Sun, 06, Oct, 2002 at 07:07:59PM +0200, Vassili Dzuba spoke thus..
> > > What do you think of :
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > <!ELEMENT depends-on  EMPTY>
> >
> > I think I remember that we were trying to remove all '-' and '_' from
> > element names in the "final syntax" (heh, that word has lost its meaning
> > completely), so I would prefer just <dependency>. Although Seth's
> > <requires> sound nice too.
> >

> I proposed "depends-on" because it was the words used in the BLFS,
> but it's probably not very important to use the same words.
> does not make explicit the order of the dependency relationship.

Actually I'm looking at revising how those sections are presented in
BLFS so if you want to come up with some snappy words, we can keep it
consistent between the two projects.  (That might also help produce
scripts which can create the ALFS profiles from the BLFS xml
automatically)

If you come up with a final version, let me or blfs-dev know.

Mark

"++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start."
     Interesting Times, Terry Pratchett
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org