cvs commit: ALFS/halfling/src halfling.c lib.c main.c tags.c

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 5 13:11:19 PDT 2002

On Sat, 05, Oct, 2002 at 06:41:42PM +0200, Neven Has spoke thus..
> On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 05:55:55PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > >        base = xmlGetProp(cur, "base");
> >
> > Is that correct?  Surely if there is no base specified, it should
> > default to the pwd?
>
> If frontend and backend are separated, and on different machines, PWD is
> not well defined and it's not clear what it should be. I don't think
> that directory in which backend is started should be the one that
> matters. Especially since the backed would be a daemon in that case,
> ideally started only once on that remote machine.
>
> IMHO, / should be the default directory when no base is specified, and
> that "feature" should be defined by the syntax, so that the profile
> writers can rely on it?
>
> All this if the above is about "base" attribute in general, not some
> specific case in the code.

Ah, I was referring to the specific case in the code but I think you
have a point; I hadn't considered the case where back and frontends are
seperate but to keep the syntax generalisable your suggestion seems right.

Mark

"We have three realistic alternatives: (1) Sit here and get blown up, (2)
 Stand here and get blown up, (3) Jump up and down, shout at me for not being
 able to think of anything, then get blown up."
     Holly, Red Dwarf Series III - Bodyswap
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org