cvs commit: ALFS/halfling/src halfling.c lib.c main.c tags.c

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Oct 5 09:41:42 PDT 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 05:55:55PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> >        base = xmlGetProp(cur, "base");
>
> Is that correct?  Surely if there is no base specified, it should
> default to the pwd?

If frontend and backend are separated, and on different machines, PWD is
not well defined and it's not clear what it should be. I don't think
that directory in which backend is started should be the one that
matters. Especially since the backed would be a daemon in that case,
ideally started only once on that remote machine.

IMHO, / should be the default directory when no base is specified, and
that "feature" should be defined by the syntax, so that the profile
writers can rely on it?

All this if the above is about "base" attribute in general, not some
specific case in the code.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org