Managing required packages in nALFS

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Thu Oct 3 14:05:28 PDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:56:45 +0000 (UTC)
jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk (Jamie Bennett) wrote:

> [...]

I fully agree with the need to have a central repository for the profiles,
but it would be more usefull if everybody used compatible DTDs...

Concerning the order of the packages in the BLFS profile, I think we can have
two profiles :
- a profile following the BLFS book (like the current one) that could be used
  to interactively build a few packages
- a profile following an order compatible with the dependencies to compile
  of large subset of the BLFS. As i assume nobody will build a complete BLFS
  (except for test purposes), the users will need to select the packages they
  wish to build.

Of course, these two profiles will differ only in the top-level file.

I think that we could wait until the official release of the BLFS 1.0 before writing
the second but of course if somebody fell it is a suitable itch to scratch...

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org