LFS-4.0RC1 profile

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Wed Oct 2 15:43:57 PDT 2002

Hello fellow ALFS-ers,

Yes, both of you ;-)

You will find a LFS-4.0RC1 profile for nALFS at
http://vassilidzuba.nerim.net/downloads/LFS-4.0-profile.tar.gz

It respects (or at least try to) the version 4.0RC1 of the book, except
that it uses the patch gcc-3.2-nofixincludes-2.patch while the 4.0RC1 book
still uses patch gcc-3.2-nofixincludes.patch.

I used this profile to build a LFS distribution.
After building the kernel and running lilo, i was able to boot
successfully into it, but I didn't perform extensive testing.
This profile should therefore be considered still as beta quality.

Of course, if you want to try it do not forget to modify the file
entities/general to adapt it to your own configuration.

Vassili Dzuba
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org