can you explain me the "internals" of alfs?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 28 04:34:34 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 04:57:29PM +0100, Hugo Patr?cio wrote:
> I was can you explain me how the program works, and his structure; i. e. how
> the xml interacts with the program and the src code...

Well.. if you take a profile, say that installs bash.  It will describe
all the information it needs about that package, the commands it needs
to run, switches/options and so forth.

An ALFS Implementation can take that XML profile and parse it, extra all
the information it needs and compiles it.  How it does so will be
different depending on which language the impl is done in and what XML
parser and method is used.

...Problably doesn't answer your question :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org