Current State of Syntax

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 28 04:31:43 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 09:45:13AM +0100, Jamie Bennett wrote:
>   Is the syntax.txt revision 1.5 from cvs the current one that will
> work with the nALFS download from Neven's page (nALFS-1.0.7.tar.bz2)
> or do I need the cvs halfling. Its all a bit confussing ;)

Not yet, afaik.  I know Neven plans on making nALFS support the official
syntax, thou he's been waiting for some proper docs and/or the 1.0
release :)

My fault in that regard, two weeks ago I had an accident with my laptop
and i've only managed to stay online for a few hours a day on a windows
box, annoying; But I just got one of my other boxes sent to me, gonna load
up a dist today and get LFS on her and get back to hacking at it.

>   And if this is the current text why is it not distributed with the
> source code to help any would-be profile writers?

Mostly because nALFS is using a different syntax, id suggest you just
take a look at this example profiles he provides and mold your work of
that.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org