nALFS feature request

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon May 20 02:58:39 PDT 2002

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 05:24:58PM +0200, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> Where is the point in a system like ALFS and it's XML syntax, if you
> anyways just use the system commands?

Well, it's not like we're using them everywhere. And for some things we
can't even have (easily at least) separate elements (configure, make).
For others, it might not be worth it. useradd/groupadd are not really
used frequently, but we could always add elements for them.

> Then I can aswell write some bashscripts, no?

That's for sure. ;)

> Hmm. Flame me if I'm wrong, but looks a bit like people are not using/
> seeing ALFS for things different from building the LFS book only?
> Whereas it has so much more abilities. Just noticing...

Yes, I agree. Possible uses is something that can be documented as well,
in some general ALFS doc. /me points at Jesse's office next door ;)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org