nALFS feature request

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed May 15 12:32:06 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jan 12, 1997 at 01:30:49PM +0100, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> what do you think about a possibility to check wether a user or group
> exists and only make it if it does not exist, kinda like mkdir -p?

For this, we would have to add a separate element for useradd/groupadd
and an option to do it.

Or, you could use something like:

<execute><command>
    if [ "`grep ^lfs /etc/passwd`" = "" ] ; then
        useradd -s /bin/bash -m &lfs-user;
    fi
</command></execute>

There is probably a better way for the above (and it's not tested),
but you get the idea... :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org