nALFS feature request

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Wed May 15 12:29:44 PDT 2002

On Sun, Jan 12, 1997 at 04:36:52PM +0100, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> Hmm. Maybe I should automate the feature requesting thing :-)
> I've just noticed that you cannot do:
>
> 	<execute>
> 	  <command>command_one</command>
> 	  <command>command_two</command>
> 	  <command>and_so_forth</command>
> 	</execute>
>
> If the fact that this is not working is not considered a feature,
> it might be worth a thought...

It's an interesting idea. So:

    <execute>
        <command>first</command>
        <param>a</param>

        <command>second</command>
        <param>b</param>
    </execute>

could be equivalent to:

    first a && second b

for example?

There is very little difference between this and multiple <execute>s,
so it might not be worth it? And it's a bit confusing?

> Another question, regarding <remove> this time,
>
> 	<remove>
> 	  <base>this_base_dir</base>
> 	  <dir>a_past_dir</dir>
> 	  <options>an_option</options>
> 	</remove>

This was mentioned in the past. Search for one of the older mails
about it ("remove" AND "base" AND "error" or something).

In short, I think there is less chance for screwing things up without
those. But that's just IMHO.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org