Unwanted Optimizations

Kyle Jones uare at telus.net
Sun Mar 31 15:46:54 PST 2002

Hi there,
I was just trying out the nALFS 1.0.2 ...  I noticed that my
Optimization Flags that I would like to use durring most of the install
are still being used for things like binutils, and gcc where
optimizations are warned agains't in the book.  Maybe there is a way we
could save the settings, unset them for those programs, and restore them
after the configure is successful?
Somehing that works like this might be nice:
#export CLFSFLAGS=$CFLAGS
#export CXXLFSFLAGS=$CXXFLAGS
#unset CFLAGS CXXFLAGS
#./configure ...