Brainstorm: <stage>

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Mar 29 07:57:55 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 03:32:54PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > >       <user/>
> > >       <group/>
> >
> > I would leave out the <group> here, at least for now. I think it's
> > better
> > that we go with a simple su-like implementation (again - for now).
>
> Good point, dunno about you but i havent dealt with GIDs much, we could
> fla this one as "will be but not yet".

I'm just doing (with <su> at the moment) what (I believe) su(1) does
- setgid() to the user's group, not allowing any specifying of some
other group. (And also setting those supplementary groups.)

> > >    </stageinfo>
> > >    ... (any valid action elements, including <package> and <stage>)
> >
> > I suppose it would be too much to add another "parent element" here,
> > include all these other elements, contained in <stage>.
>
> Might be nice, i could go either way on this.

If we add another parent element here, there is a problem (not really a
problem, but...) when the only thing we want is to <chroot>, for example.

Then, we would have to use:

<stage>
    <info>
        <name>Changing the root directory to /mnt/lfs</name>
        <chroot>/mnt/lfs</chroot>
    </info>

        <package>
        </package>
</stage>

which is sooo much elements for such a simple operation.

But it might be also well worth it... Don't know... :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org