Brainstorm: <stage>

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Mar 29 06:07:23 PST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:20:36PM +0100, Lee Saferite wrote:
> <stage>
>    <stageinfo>

Maybe we should use just <info> here? This element will _always_ be right
after <stage>, so it looks a bit unnecessary to use <stageinfo>?
And also, concatenating two different words like that, without any
separator, or at least a capital letter is a bit ugly too?

>       <name/>
>       <base/>
>       <chroot/>

This <base> is relative to <chroot> (if any), I assume?

>       <user/>
>       <group/>

I would leave out the <group> here, at least for now. I think it's better
that we go with a simple su-like implementation (again - for now).

>       <env mode="set|add">
>          <variable name="" value=""/>
>       </env>

I'll vote for <environment> here. It's a long word, but IMO, much more
descriptive and nicer.

Also, I think that we need a default mode for it. Simple setting for
example? And then mode="add" (or "append" ?) to override the default.

>    </stageinfo>
>    ... (any valid action elements, including <package> and <stage>)

I suppose it would be too much to add another "parent element" here, to
include all these other elements, contained in <stage>.

> </stage>

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org