cvs commit: ALFS syntax.txt

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Mar 27 16:20:02 PST 2002

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> >   link
>
> <link>
>     <dir />
>     <src />
>     <dest />
> </link>
>
> <link type="">
>     <options />
>     <base />
>     <target />
>     <name />
> </link>

I really dislike <src> and <dest>. I always found source/dest in ln(1)
confusing and now i notice even that has been updated to say "target".

> Another thing to mention.  Presently i'm assuming you only want to use
> soft (symbolic) links.  Should this be default?  I believe Neven
> recently switched nALFS to that method.  The use of hard links is fairly
> rare. (we should of course, still support hard links, i'm talking about
> the default option if it isn't supplied)

I remember thinking it unnecessary that i had to specify soft.
Defaulting to it seems natural.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
       if you're not living hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org