cvs commit: ALFS syntax.txt

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Mar 27 16:12:03 PST 2002

Lee Saferite <dsaferite at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:42:29 +0000
> Mark Ellis <mark.uzumati at virgin.net> wrote:

> > adding a different command to these turns them into <execute> in
> > disguise, it might just be more self documenting to have this
> > capability in the profile.
>
> I figure, if you need to do a <command>, then you should use the <execute> or find another way to do it.  if you have a strong enough set of core elements, you don't need that kind of fluff.  Sorry if I make anyone angry.  ;)

I really like <command> in <configure>. It would irk me highly to have
to use <execute> instead of <configure> just because a package uses a
separate build directory as gcc, glibc, binutils, and e2fsprogs do.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
P.S. Quoting works better if you set your mail client to wrap at 72
characters or so.
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
       if you're not living hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org