nALFS v020325

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 25 04:49:34 PST 2002

Yo,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 01:35:26PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> BTW, what's the status of that code?
> I mean, it is usable? Can we see it? Need some help? /me 's too curious :)

It's usable, i've been actually using it for a while.  But for various
reasons it still hasn't made it into CVS.  I haven't actually touched
the code in a while actually.. trying to change that today.

Don't want to make any excuses here or anything, I just haven't sat down
and *made* time to work on it, like i problably should have.

So, i'm going to rm -rf everything under ALFS CVS today and add one
file.  TODO.  Which I will then ask everyone to posts all the syntax
ideas and things that need to get done that we've talked about in the
last few months.

I asked Jason a while ago to make a checkout of what's presently in CVS
and keep it online (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~flake/oldALFScvs/)
for future reference (i also have off-line backups of all of CVS, so we
aren't going to be loosing anything)

But yes, at this point if i continue to code halfling, it will only be
for the sake of being able todo proper debugging of the syntax.  The
only two things i can think of right now that i don't see in nALFS is
that it doesn't use the GNU Autotools (which i've allready done with
halfling, even got some nice auto-detecting of libxml2) and it's
released under the GPL :)

You have pretty much implemented everything and anything, so.. :D

Anyways.. off to destroy the CVS repository :)

> I think it saves enough typing to be a good reason for using it. :)

We'll see :)

PS, has anyone ever worked with CVS Commit e-mail's?  I'm quite
interested in the ci-mail's i've seen (and previously used on a diff
project, way back when) that the apache project favours... haven't been
able to get them to work properly, any insight would be helpfull ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org