Improving <setenv>

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Sat Mar 23 14:17:53 PST 2002

Mark Ellis <mark.uzumati at virgin.net> wrote:

> On 2002.03.21 18:26 Seth W. Klein wrote:
>
> > Mark Ellis <mark.uzumati at virgin.net> wrote:

> > So i have
> > <stage
> >   name=""
> >   version=""
> >   wd="/"      <!-- working directory, hoping that someone would think
> >                    of a good name 'cause i haven't -->
>
> Do you intend this as a <base> for the whole stage ?

Yep.

> > <snip>
> >
> > So maybe:
> > <stage env="FOO="-march=i986 -cpu=i986" BAR="-O9 $FOO
> > -pipe"">
> > Would make the life of real parser writers difficult, but they'll have
> > trouble anyway because they'll need to handle PATH=$PATH:/bar (won't
> > they), and everyone who just passes this stuff off to bash will have
> > to problems.

Erg. Definitely was to tired when i wrote that. Le'me correct it,
    "...because they'll need to handle PATH=$PATH:/bar (won't they?),
    and everyone who just passes this stuff off to bash will have no
	problems."

> Sigh, pass the regex manual. This is doable, an utter pig but doable.
> Maybe it would be best to break some of this up into elements, like we
> have <setenv> now but as a specific child to <stage> ? Might even be
> better to break out some of the oher attribs into elements too. But as
> a concept this is looking better and better.

/me leaves the question to those more capable than he :)

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
       if you're not living hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org