Dunno what to write for a subject.

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Mar 22 09:01:21 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 06:18:26PM +0100, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> > Maybe we should allow relative addressing like that, by changing the
> > current directory to the one in which the profile is located (the base
> > URI that is).  That would probably be very useful.
> Agreed! (I hope everone else agrees, too. Does everyone?)

Hmm, after thinking about this for a while, it doesn't seem like such
a good idea after all. It would probably cause more troubles than it's worth.

Well actually, it's impossible to implement so that it would work in
all cases:

Thinking about separate frontend and backend - profile is read by the
frontend and send (somehow modified or not) to the backend. Directory,
in which the profile was at the frontend's side, doesn't make any sense
to the backend.

In something like "<base>src</base>", directory should be the one where
the sources (or whatever) are, on the machine where the backend is running.
Whether it is the same directory where a frontend's profile is located
is irrelevant, if we want to think in general.

I hope I wasn't _too_ confusing. :)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org