Dunno what to write for a subject.

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Mar 21 01:06:36 PST 2002

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 06:50:46PM +0100, Raphael Schmid wrote:
> Hi all, especially Neven,

Hi. :)

> 		<configure>
> 			<base>src</base>
> 			<param>--prefix=/opt</param>
> 			<param>--sysconfdir=/etc/opt</param>
> 		</configure>
>

> When I try to build package-1.2.3 using nALFS, I will nearly
> instantly get an error by make, which couldn't find a Makefile!
> And the reason is, that <base>src</base> seems to be ignored
> by nALFS?!! Or is this just me?

It's not ignored, it just have to be defined more precisely. You're using
the relative directory for the base (src) which could be relative to just
about anything. It's _not_ relative to the directory in which your
build.xml is located.

So to be absolutely sure, you'll have to use a full path.

I know that's not very convenient, knowing the the exact name of the
directory in which your profile is located.

Maybe we should allow relative addressing like that, by changing the current
directory to the one in which the profile is located (the base URI that is).
That would probably be very useful.

I'm not sure how easy is to implement that (shouldn't be too hard), but
it's in TODO now, and I'll look into it soon.

> Fine. That was major problem #1. Now major problem #2. WHY
> may I not write a file looking like this to build my package(s):
>
> 	<!DOCTYPE alfs [
> 		<!ENTITY src-root "/usr/src/packages">
>
> 		<!ENTITY package SYSTEM "package-1.2.3">
> 	]>
>
> 	<alfs version="2.0">
> 		&src-root;/&package;
> 	</alfs>

This is expanded to:

<alfs version="2.0">
    /usr/src/packages<the content of package-1.2.3>
</alfs>

> (If I've just made syntax errors here, then please correct me,
> but I'm pretty sure there's no way to make it work with the
> current implementation).

I think you want:

    <!DOCTYPE alfs [
        <!ENTITY package SYSTEM "/usr/src/packages/package-1.2.3/build.xml">
    ]>

    <alfs version="2.0">
        &package;
    </alfs>

Also note that you can't have entities in system literal
(the string after SYSTEM).

However, you could use:

    <!DOCTYPE alfs [
        <!ENTITY src-root "/usr/src/packages">
        <!ENTITY pkg-name "package-1.2.3">
    ]>

    <alfs version="2.0" xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">

        <ns:include href="&src-root;/&pkg-name;/build.xml"/>

    </alfs>

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org