Dunno what to write for a subject.

Raphael Schmid raphael.schmid at gmx.de
Wed Mar 20 09:50:46 PST 2002

Hi all, especially Neven,

I'm recently trying to adapt ALFS for myOS. So far so good.
Now is the concept of a myOS package the one, that you have
the unpacked package looking like this:

	package-1.2.3/
		build.xml <-- simple profile
		src/ <-- original sourcecode
		docs/ <-- documentation
		patches/ <-- patches, if any

(Or similar). A sample build.xml is here:

	<package>
		<name>package</name>
		<version>1.2.3</name>

		<!-- No unpacking needed, as this is
		being done by the myOS package manager -->

		<configure>
			<base>src</base>
			<param>--prefix=/opt</param>
			<param>--sysconfdir=/etc/opt</param>
		</configure>

		<build>
			<make>
				<base>src</base>
			</make>
		</build>

		<postbuild>
			<make>
				<base>src</base>
				<param>install</param>
			</make>
		</postbuild>
	</package>

Okay. We could now discuss wether the syntax I'm using here
(the one used in the recent nALFS profiles) is enough for an
Oscar or not, or wether the <build></build>, respectively
<postbuild></postbuild> is really needed, but these are minor
issues. My REAL problem is this:
When I try to build package-1.2.3 using nALFS, I will nearly
instantly get an error by make, which couldn't find a Makefile!
And the reason is, that <base>src</base> seems to be ignored
by nALFS?!! Or is this just me?

Fine. That was major problem #1. Now major problem #2. WHY
may I not write a file looking like this to build my package(s):

	<!DOCTYPE alfs [
		<!ENTITY src-root "/usr/src/packages">

		<!ENTITY package SYSTEM "package-1.2.3">
	]>

	<alfs version="2.0">
		&src-root;/&package;
	</alfs>

(If I've just made syntax errors here, then please correct me,
but I'm pretty sure there's no way to make it work with the
current implementation).

All the best regards,
Raphael
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org