catching up

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Tue Mar 19 08:58:53 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 02:38:00PM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> Hi guys, been a bit busy lately, trying to remember where we got to,
> please bear with me :)

Welcome back. :)

> Neven, how are you finding the <su> element, does it work well ? I'd
> been torn between that and adding user/group attributes to some of the
> container elements such as the *builds, but if yours works ok i'll
> probaly go with that.

Well, it works great, as least for me. Since the time it was implemented,
I didn't think about it not once, which just proves how well it works. :)

I think that adding the user attribute to <*build> elements would be
very limited, since you wouldn't be able to use that anywhere else.

BTW, here's a (probably incomplete) list of some syntax changes
implemented in nALFS while you were away. I might be repeating something
you already know, or implemented, but anyway...

o  Global (per-package) <base> element. Check out some older mails.
   For now, it's where <name> and <version> are, and will stay there
   until <info> is added.

o  Symbolic linking by default. No need to specify "type" attribute.

o  <su> element, which you already know... :)

o  New <copy> options - "no-dereference", "preserve" and "recursive".

o  <setenv mode="append">

o  <include> removed completely, XInclude is used now.

Of course, nothing is official, set in stone or something like that.
They are just things mentioned on the list.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org