Improving <setenv>

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sun Mar 10 03:01:28 PST 2002

I'm working on (finally) creating a profile for MSB's keep5-6 hint
(that would be the best abbreviation I could think of ;).

The main problem is setting the environment (PATH) after chroot.

With <setenv> as it is now, this is possible, but only if none of
elements fail after it. It they do, <setenv> won't be run on the next
retry (independent of the parser used, it just doesn't have the reason to),
so the environment won't be reset.

I was thinking that we could change the way <setenv> works into
something like:

    <setenv variable1="value1" variable2="value2">
        <!-- Whatever needs variables set. -->
    </setenv>

This way, <setenv> will have to be run every time some element inside is.

This seems like a much better implementation to me, not only for solving
the above problem, but in general. It somehow looks more closer to what
"setting the environment" really means (elements inside it being the
elements inside that environment).

Or not?

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org