Example, thoughs?

Seth W. Klein sk at sethwklein.net
Wed Mar 6 17:49:26 PST 2002

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 09:16:38AM -0500, Seth W. Klein wrote:
> >
> > I don't see the use in them. I suppose one might build all packages now
> > but install them later for some reason i can't think of, but current build
> > tools don't allow one to automatically execute *.setup,*.build now so one
> > must select by hand anyway.
>
> Hrm?  I don't quite follow...

I don't think the <*building> type elements can be justified on
the basis of added readability. (Actually, i think they make the
profile less readable, but....)

Therefore the only reason to add them would be if they express
information usefull to the tools. And i just can't think of any
reasonable situation where the tools could make use of knowing
whether a step was setting up or building or installing or....

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
             Life on the edge? You're taking too much space
         if you don't live hanging from your safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org