Further standardisation

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Mar 4 01:43:28 PST 2002

Yo,

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 11:42:43PM +0000, Pedro Ortigão wrote:
> If we could reach an agreement on the names of these entities, or at least
> on the more important ones like:

Yes, it does kinda suck.  However, it should be noted that entities
aren't even needed to write an ALFS Profile.  It's just nicer this way,
as it's easier to update information.  It would suck having to change
the $LFS directory by hand.  Granted a simple sed could do the trick
either way.

> Last but not least there should be IMHO more profiles for downloading in
> the ALFS web page and these should be more in sync with the LFS book and
> the BLFS book or hints. It could work with cvs, and this group could manage
> them (like the Hint system). These profiles would also be usefull as a test
> bed for the engines.

Yes, that will happen soon.  However the syntax is still in flux, so
they would be changing alot.  I had planned on putting what i've been
working on in CVS the other day, however i then got stuck thinking it
would be nice to setup cvs commit e-mail's first..  And a few personal
things IRL have slowed me down, like learning howto use AutoCAD 2k to
draft my Dad's shop in two days and so forth.

Anyways, it will happen, soon, hopefully... otherwise guys, feel free to
shoot, kick me in the ass, or what not ;)

[btw, i have create quite a mess in ALFS CVS while testing this cvs
commit e-mail script(s), i'll clean it up and remove everything when i'm
done.  I'll restructure it also at the same time so that we can have a
place where we can store profiles perhaps, anyways]

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org