nALFS-020301

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Fri Mar 1 03:41:43 PST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 08:57:16PM -0500, Seth W. Klein wrote:
> > <snip about <su> element>
>
> Oh, good. I had it on my mental list to suggest this, now i don't have to.
> Could you maybe, just possibly, post the patch so i can use (erm, test ;)
> it even before the next nALFS release?

Too late. ;)

As I said, I'll try to release new versions more often, just hoping
to the above - more people testing the program and finding the bugs
themselves. It should be much more interesting that way. :)

Anyway, changes in nALFS-020301 can be found at the usual places:

    http://www.beotel.yu/~has/projects/alfs/index.html
or
    http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~neven/nALFS/index.html

The example of the <su> element is:

<su user="user" group="group">
</su>

At least one of the attributes have to be specified.

Just note that there might be some problems when using this element with
logging of installed files (which needs some rethinking anyway), because
of the permission dropping. I didn't give it that much testing, so any bug
reports, fixes, patches or whatever are welcome.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org