KDE profile

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Tue Jul 16 01:14:56 PDT 2002

  GARNOME is all well and good but I think I would prefer to write the
profiles straight from http://developer.kde.org/build/compile_kde3_0.html
That way I don't have to figure out what GARNOME is doing before I can
write a profile for it. ;)

  Just out of curiosity, are many people still using nALFS and profiles
to install their software? If so there must be a lot of duplicate work
going on writing profiles for new software, I should know as I have spent
the last week writing profiles for half of the BLFS book packages. Is
there anywhere profiles can be written and then made available to everyone
who wants them (kind of like Gentoo's portage ebuild scripts). This could
save a lot of hassle for many people and maybe make nALFS more accessible
to non-profile writers.

|Day Job -               |Extra Curricular Activities - |
|Software Engineer       |jamie_bennett at linuxmail.org   |
|PCP Micro Products Ltd, |                              |
|18 St Peters Terrace,   |                              |
|Lower Bristol Road,     |                              |
|Bath, England           |                              |
|(+44) 12 25 48 08 88    |                              |