nALFS generate 440M file system !

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Thu Jul 4 04:08:13 PDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:22:34AM -0700, John Zhuge wrote:
> I used the default LFS3.3 profile.
>
> After I deleted the /usr/src/linux directory, the size only dropped to
> 300M. Is this expected? How can I make it smaller, e.g. 50M?

I have no idea if it's expected (don't have any clean systems around),
but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be.

That profile doesn't strip debugging symbols by default (that part is
commented out), so you might want to start with that.

For other things you can do, check out the lfs-* list archives. I don't
know if there is a hint about it, but from the amount of times this has
been discussed on the lists, I guess it should be. ;)

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org