Syntax, shall we?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Jan 28 12:09:36 PST 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:16:55AM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> > To copy the directories? ;)
> >
> > Yes, we could copy the files with "recursive" too, but I think it's
> > somehow more clear and less error-prone if <copy> handles just regular
> > files by default?
>
> Hrm? I'm lost, i think i'm missing part of the discussing here.. can you
> perhaps show me an example of what you guys are talking about? :)

Basically, to have more options in <options>. :)

Now, we have something like:

<copy>
    <options>archive</options>

    <source></source>
    <destination></destination>
</copy>

But the user might want NOT to preserve links, but still copy some
directory recursively (for example the kernel).

Since "archive" is "no-dereference" + "preserve" + "recursive", splitting
the archive option which Mark mentioned would be adding 3 new options.

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org