Syntax, shall we?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 28 09:59:27 PST 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:59:54AM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> I was going to start off by posting a few new ideas i had with the
> syntax, but i want to hear from a few people first that have mentioned
> they have a few ace's up there sleeves. (*waves at Neven*)

Hey Neven, could you do me a favour (considering you are the resident
expat expert, right? :) and try this out;

<!ENTITY wget.pgk "wget-&wget.ver;.tar.gz">
<!ENTITY wget.dir "wget-&wget.ver;">
<!ENTITY wget.ver "1.8.1">

Nifty, Eh?  With libxml2 i have to enable substition of default entities
before anything else. [xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(1);]  I'm just
curios if that works with expat or not.  It is valid XML.  It took me a
while to figure out exactly the proper way todo it, i must have been
looking in the wrong places ;)

But the DOCTYPE/DTD is always read from bottom up, so wget.ver is first
processed, then wget.dir, then wget.pgk.  However, by default the
substituation doesn't happen untill parsing time, which is one reason i
think i have to enable the default entities substitution.. anyways, if
you want ;)

One small step for us to update when there's a new version :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org