hello...first post...thoughts on refocus

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 28 09:37:23 PST 2002

Yo,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 02:58:07PM -0500, crebral fix wrote:
> i know this seems basic, but it seems that everyone is getting caught up in 4terminal feature-itis4.  forget portability, package management, etc...let4s get it working and documented.  i think our first goal is to just get it to install a basic system ( if it already does so, great ) and document what it did.

But we have been past that point for over a year now.  We are just
restructuring everything and picking a select few features and goals we
want to "officially support" and release as the 1.0 ALFS Specificiation.

> so, back to my first question:  what works?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~neven/nALFS/

http://freespace.virgin.net/mark.uzumati/

Along with any of the code and profiles you may find in CVS, allthough
most of which has become quite unmaintained.

ALFS has been able todo the basics for over a year now, that is build an
LFS system from scratch, automatically.  Allthough the biggest problem
has been lack of documentation :)

Right now all the conversations and effort is going into making an
official specification of the ALFS XML Profile Syntax.  Sure, alot of
people have been going crazy when it comes to all the neat features we
can have, that's mostly because with Neven Has's work on nALFS, it's
actually become quite *easy* todo ALFS and people want to see ALFS move
forward, that's all.

Anyways.. to give ya a mild view of how things are ;)

> Is your boss reading your email? ....Probably
> Keep your messages private by using Lycos Mail.
> Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com

rofl.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org