Some thoughts

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 28 08:30:53 PST 2002

Yo,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:40:45PM +0100, Nicolas Nieswandt wrote:
> First of all, I like this Idea very much. The future speaks XML ;)
> But would be better to implement XML than using some XML.
> For portability reasons it would be better to use XInclude than a selfmade
> include.

Yes, that was an idea suggested by someone and got implemented without
knowing there was another and much better (imho at least ;) solution.

It won't be showing up on the official specification, neither will
support for XInclude; at least not for 1.0.

> My dream is an aLFS that show the LFS-book-xml and highlights the current
> step. But I think that's to much work for bit of comfort ;)

It could be done ;)

> Could we use XSLT to transform the LFS book to a profile ? All informations
> are in there and they are simple and user friendly. The structure of the
> should be the structure of the profile.

It's possible, allthough last time we looked, because of the way Docbook
and the LFS book is structured, it would involved alot of trial and
error and we could never be sure it worked properly.  For that reason i
think i'll continue to write the profiles manually, but automating the
generate of profiles is something i think alot of ppl want to see in the
long run.

> What about creating a XML Database for Packet Management ?

That's a subject for after 1.0 :)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org