Syntax, shall we?

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Sat Jan 26 04:36:24 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:42:22AM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> I think we should.  Why do we need to supply a force option?  Can't we
> just assume that it should always be force?  I can't think of all that many
> times when not using the force option wouldn't be valid.  We [generally]
> allready assume it so with the <remove> tag. (rm -rf %target)
>
> I don't see the point in having extra options for nothing, but prove me
> wrong ;)

There might be some cases when creating a link (for example) which already
exists is an error which shouldn't be ignored (by always using force).

Similar could be said for "parents" in mkdir. Not using it can be a good
error check, if we previously created the needed directories (for some
other thing).

Neven

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org