Some thoughts

Felipe Contreras al593181 at mail.mty.itesm.mx
Fri Jan 25 14:18:57 PST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 05:40:45PM +0100, Nicolas Nieswandt wrote:
> My dream is an aLFS that show the LFS-book-xml and highlights the current
> step. But I think that's to much work for bit of comfort ;)
>
> Could we use XSLT to transform the LFS book to a profile ? All informations
> are in there and they are simple and user friendly. The structure of the
> should be the structure of the profile.
>
> Since the LFS-book is in XML, what about merging the profiles into the
> LFS-book ? Then you have only one thing to maintain, but I don't know how
> realy XML safe the DOCBOOK-xml format is.

I think it will be easier to convert an xml profile to a DOCBOOK-xml
format. But that will require deep changes.

> Already posted here, it would defenately be useful to have "if/then/else" to
> write one profile for static and dynamic build.

I like more the idea of optional steps, and the program should be the
one to decide if ask the user for the options, include all the steps
concerning "fhs", or just do the default.

--
Felipe Contreras
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org