Goals of ALFS

Jason Gurtz jason at tommyk.com
Fri Jan 25 06:36:19 PST 2002

> One question that comes immediately to mind is what does the XML
> produce?  Of course I see where it will create a book like
> document, but
> what will it produce to automate the build?  A shell script? Perl
> Script?  C Code that is to be compiled and executed

It doesn't really "transform" into anything, which is part of the point
of it all.  Take a look at a profile out of the cvs; take a few nights
and speed read over the mailing list archives for alfs; read the whole
website (it's not alot I know but it does say somthing).  It is a
platform independent way of describing how to build a system from
source.  A parser written to grok a profile whould know how to execute
the right commands.

~Jason

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org