Syntax, shall we?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 25 03:47:46 PST 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:40:35PM -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> It whould be simpler if we can say... everything inside options tags is
> going to be prefixed with --<option> and passed to the shell, tat way we
> can forget about <system_command> and and doesn't need to account every
> option.

I think you are missing the point a little...

Let's take the <link> and <remove> tags under consideration, using the C
programming language.  All the functuality that the command line tools
provide are available from system calls, heck those clt's use the system
calls.  What would stop me from implementing either of those tags using
those system calls instead of from clt's?  That's the kind of
portability that matters, imho.  Any other way and it really is just a
huge wrapper/shell script if you ask me.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org