Syntax, shall we?

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jan 25 03:42:22 PST 2002

Yo,

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:59:29PM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I agree it's extremely portable that way. The only (and major) downside is
> we'd have to account for every option that 'cp' knows about so people can
> use it. That certainly makes for a big fat DTD.

Yes, that is slightly better.

> Perhaps we have to discuss, not now but way later down the road, if we want
> to limit this (and if special flags are needed, use <system_command> or
> something like that)

I think we should.  Why do we need to supply a force option?  Can't we
just assume that it should always be force?  I can't think of all that many
times when not using the force option wouldn't be valid.  We [generally]
allready assume it so with the <remove> tag. (rm -rf %target)

I don't see the point in having extra options for nothing, but prove me
wrong ;)

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org