perl with libxml2

Mark Ellis mark.uzumati at virgin.net
Fri Jan 25 01:41:02 PST 2002

On 2002.01.22 20:09 Neven Has wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:10:54AM +0000, Mark Ellis wrote:
> > * -external entities work, unfortunately Include doesn't 'cos of a
> bug
> > in XML::LibXML, but our very own <include> is of course still there
>
> Should this thing stay (<include>? I remember somebody was not very
> happy
> with it, using some good arguments, and I'm starting to change my mind
> about it too.
>
> It's the only thing that's not "real XML", at least in my head. :)

I've got no real problems with having it, but it is true that most of
what we do at the moment can be done with external entities. Maybe keep
it around until we have XInclude support, but i think we could probably
do without it if we wanted to.

> > Someone, sorry cant remember who, mentioned breaking old syntax
> support
> > in the last version, any more on that ? I'm hoping no one is using
> the
> > old stiff any more.
>
> I'm probably going to drop the support for that syntax in nALFS soon,
> in some of the next versions.

Not a bad idea. I'll probably keep what is there for a while, just not
guarantee that results will be what anyone expects.

Mark
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org