Goals of ALFS

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Thu Jan 24 20:30:00 PST 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 12:54:59PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
>>Perhaps if I understood the goals of alfs better, it would help.
>>

> There's a little bit at http://alfs.linuxfromscratch.org/alfs/intro.shtml
>
> I used to have a document that was almost an alfs white paper. I'm not sure
> what happened to it (it got misplaced over the last two years or so) but I
> am sure it's somewhere still. I'll check mailing list archives as I don't
> see why I would not have posted at least some drafts of the white paper to
> the alfs list.

Thanks.  That helps.  I'll try to study what's there some more and will
probably have a few more questions.

One question that comes immediately to mind is what does the XML
produce?  Of course I see where it will create a book like document, but
what will it produce to automate the build?  A shell script? Perl
Script?  C Code that is to be compiled and executed?

   -- Bruce

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org