Syntax, shall we?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 24 19:59:29 PST 2002

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 07:15:48PM +0100, Neven Has wrote:
> Yeah, this is why instead of "-f" and friends, we added
> <options>force</options> and friends. Not a perfect solution,
> but definitely better.

I agree it's extremely portable that way. The only (and major) downside is
we'd have to account for every option that 'cp' knows about so people can
use it. That certainly makes for a big fat DTD.

Perhaps we have to discuss, not now but way later down the road, if we want
to limit this (and if special flags are needed, use <system_command> or
something like that)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org