ALFS Status: Past and future [was Re: new guy, newbie questions.]

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 22 16:40:43 PST 2002

Yo,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:07:55AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Is it such a bad thing that something looks like a script? There simply is
> no way around it, you need to define somewhere what tag causes what command
> to run. You can obfuscate this and let the DTD define all that and have
> cryptic stuff in the xml profile, or just live wiht it and make the profile
> a lot easier to read and write and edit and understand.

I think it depends how you look at it.

XML is really just a glorified way of encompassing structured
information into a standarized format, so that it may be converted to
different formats easier.  One reason XML is used alot of times for
business to business translations and so forth.

That's how i see the profiles... I guess it depends what you consider a
"script".

Anyways..

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org