ALFS Status: Past and future [was Re: new guy, newbie questions.]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 22 07:07:55 PST 2002

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 09:26:01PM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> As for making it less "script-like" as you mentioned, even if we smart
> profiles, it will still look like a script (even though it isn't), so i
> don't really see any way around this.  Suggestions are more then welcome
> thou!

Is it such a bad thing that something looks like a script? There simply is
no way around it, you need to define somewhere what tag causes what command
to run. You can obfuscate this and let the DTD define all that and have
cryptic stuff in the xml profile, or just live wiht it and make the profile
a lot easier to read and write and edit and understand.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org