syntax

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jan 21 19:49:50 PST 2002

Yo,

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 12:36:19PM +0000, Paul Campbell wrote:
> I was thinking about this.  I don't usually OPT stuff, but the -j2 things does
> appear to make things go faster.

Yes, -j2 will run two instances of make, great on SMP machines
(sometimes on my server i try -j32 to make sure she can handle ~30.00
load on a kernel compile)

It even helps on uniprocessors..

> Question:  How can you add <param>-j2</param> or whatever to all the packages
> in a profile?

It should be noted thou, that not all packages Makefile's can take
advantage of the -j option, and sometimes can even cause more problems
during compilation time.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org